|Torah: Exo. 30:11–34:35
|Haftara: 1 Kgs. 18:1–39
| Brith Chadashah: Mt. 9:35–11:1
2 Cor. 3:1-18
Parashah 21- Ki Tisa (When you take)
Census and Ransom Money
11 Then Adonai spoke to Moses saying, 12 “When you tally the sum of Bnei-Yisrael by numbering them, then every man must pay a ransom for his soul to Adonai when you count them, so that no plague will fall on them. 13 Everyone among them who crosses over must give half a shekel according to the Sanctuary shekel (which is 20 gerahs): half a shekel as an offering to Adonai. 14 Everyone who crosses over among them who is counted, from 20 years old and upward, is to give the offering to Adonai. 15 The rich are not to give more and the poor are not to give less than the half shekel, when they present the offering of Adonai to make atonement for your souls. 16 You are to take the atonement money from Bnei-Yisrael and give it for the service of the Tent of Meeting, so that it may be a memorial for Bnei-Yisrael before Adonai, to make atonement for your souls.”
Basin for Washing
17 Adonai spoke to Moses saying, 18 “You will also make a basin of bronze with a bronze stand for washing. You are to place it between the Tent of Meeting and the altar and put water in it. 19 Aaron and his sons are to wash their hands and their feet there. 20 Whenever they go into the Tent of Meeting or come near to the altar to minister, to present an offering made by fire in smoke to Adonai, they are to wash with water so that they do not die. 21 They are to wash their hands and their feet, so that they do not die. It is to be an eternal statute for them, to him and to his offspring throughout their generations.”
1 Kings 18 : 1 – 39
Elijah Confronts Ahab
18 Now it was after many days that the word of Adonai came to Elijah in the third year saying, “Go, show yourself to Ahab; then I will send rain on the land. 2 So Elijah went to show himself to Ahab.
Now the famine was severe in Samaria. 3 Ahab summoned Obadiah who was the steward of the palace. Now Obadiah feared Adonai greatly— 4 for when Jezebel was cutting off the prophets of Adonai, Obadiah took 100 prophets, hid them 50 to a cave, and provided them with bread and water. 5 Then Ahab said to Obadiah, “Go through the land to all the springs of water and to all the wadis. Perhaps we may find grass and so keep the horses and mules alive and not lose all the animals.” 6 So they divided the land between them to explore it—Ahab went one way by himself while Obadiah went another way by himself.
7 As Obadiah was on the road, all of a sudden, Elijah met him. When he recognized him, he fell on his face and said, “Is it you, my lord Elijah?”
8 “It is I,” he answered him. Go tell your lord, ‘Look, Elijah is here!”
9 “How have I sinned,” he replied, “that you are giving your servant into the hand of Ahab, to put me to death? 10 As Adonai your God lives, there is no nation or kingdom where my master has not sent to search for you; and when they said, ‘He is not here,’ he made that kingdom or nation swear that they could not find you.
Matthew 9:35 - 11:1 2
Matthew 9 : 35 – 11 : 1
35 Now Yeshua was going around all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the Good News of the kingdom, and healing every kind of disease and sickness. 36 When He saw the crowds, He felt compassion for them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. [a] 37 Then He said to His disciples, “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. 38 Therefore pray to the Lord of the harvest that He may send out workers into His harvest field.”
A New Covenant on Hearts of Flesh
3 Are we beginning to commend ourselves again? Or do we need, as some do, letters of recommendation to you or from you? 2 You are our letter, written on our hearts, known and read by everyone. 3 It is clear that you are a letter from Messiah delivered by us—written not with ink but with the Ruach of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.[a]
4 Such is the confidence we have through Messiah toward God— 5 not that we are competent in ourselves to consider anything as coming from ourselves, but our competence is from God. 6 He also made us competent as servants of a new covenant[b]—not of the letter, but of the Ruach. For the letter kills, but the Ruach gives life.
7 Now if the ministry of death, carved in letters on stone, came with such glory that Bnei-Yisrael could not look intently upon Moses’ face because of its glory[c]—although it was passing away— 8 how will the ministry of the Ruach not be even more glorious? 9 For if there is glory in the ministry of condemnation,[d] the ministry of righteousness overflows even more in glory. 10 For even what was glorious is not glorious in comparison to the glory that surpasses it. 11 For if what is passing away is glorious, much more what remains is glorious.
Parashah in 60 seconds
Info and Technical Rider Dr. Christiaan J. de Ruiter
Info and Technical Rider
Christiaan J. de Ruiter
Prayer, Hospitality, Worship and Technical rider for Speaking / Worship engagement.
The purpose of this rider is to describe those items and services that the presenter feels are important to make
this event (and the work surrounding it) as successful as possible.
This rider is designed to help your congregation/organization, or any employees/volunteers, organize appropriate details
as the event day approaches.
The host of this event shall supply a professional sound system adequate for the size of the room for this acoustic event, including:
- 1 boom mic stand
- 1 vocal mic XLR Connection (bringing a personal microphone)
- 1 line or XLR input for a wireless headworn microphone (bringing a personal microphone)
- 2 channel CD playback
- Total of 4 channels: 1 for vocal, 1 speech, 2 for background tracks (stereo)
- Tasteful digital reverb for voice. Rich chamber or small hall preferred
- 1 monitor speaker located in front & slightly to either side of performer
Adequate presentation software for displaying lyrics and video via Power Point or OpenOffice Presenter
Stage location: Pastor Chris prefers a podium to be slightly to the right or left on the platform, as he is a person that will move around a lot, room to do so should be available.
After event: if possible, play prayerful music over the sound system, giving room to have conversations and to mingle.
Following the event, Pastor Chris will need the following for merchandise and promotional information.
- 1 six foot table (or similar)
- Power outlet within 4 feet of table (or extension cord)
- 1 volunteer to help with merchandise
The following can be considered when providing transportation, lodging, meals, beverages and other accommodations.
Pastor Chris does not travel alone, but will be in the company of his beloved wife 1st Lady Wilma.
- Speakers Fee - Pastor Chris does not expect a speakers fee for bringing God's word, and sharing the love for the roots of our faith. When you however feel blessed and want to bless the ministry, please hold and share a love offering.
- Texas travel - Travel within the state of Texas will be done by personal vehicle and mileage reimbursement can be agreed upon.
- Non Texas travel - Travel outside of the state of Texas will be done by car or plane, depending on distance and travel time. milage and housing reimbursement can be agreed upon.
- Plane tickets - Pastor Chris and First Lady Wilma reside in Elgin Texas. (Close to Austin) - plane tickets should be round trip, unless otherwise there is a succeeding presentation for him somewhere else.
- Transportation to and from airport (unless rental car arrangement is made)
- Housing: hotel with non-smoking room - wireless internet preferred.
- Drinks: Pastor Chris prefers room temperature spring water (non-carbonated) before and during event - preferred social drinks are Pure Fruit Juice and regular black coffee.
- Food preference: fish and most “non spicy” home cooked foods. Pastor Chris does not eat pork or “bottom feeding” fish (i.e. shrimp, clams, lobster).(Biblically Kosher foods)a
- Pastor Chris is used to travel to large and small venues and is very flexible in regards to “technical” matters. If you have an issue with any of the mentioned items above, please contact 1st Lady Wilma J. de Ruiter. b. info
All this is very important to have an uninterupted flow of the Holy Spirit through the word delivered by Pastor Chris.
However the most important item for him and his wife is prayer.
Before, during and after the event have dedicated prayer partnersc. in agreement and prayer for a move of the Holy Spirit and the conviction of hearts.
All of this is worthless if not all the glory and attention is in the first place on the prayer and blessing to God and His Holy Name.
Questions and Concerns, Contact;
Pastor Christiaan J. and First Lady Wilma J. de Ruiter
8100 Ingrid Drive
Elgin, TX 78621
+1 (512) 772-1972
a. Leviticus 11, Deuteronomy 14